Welcome to the Roman Catholic Spiritual Direction Book Club!
Join us in our world-wide reading and discussion of the most profound treasures of spiritual insights that our Lord offers us in His Church!
How Can I Join the Club?
- Send an email request to RCSpiritualDirection@gmail.com with your full name and location. You will not receive a reply email. The purpose of asking for your email is to be sure we can send you updates directly without intruding on those who are not participating.
- Subscribe to the posts on this site either through email or RSS feed (you may have already done this if you receive regular updates).
What Are We Currently Reading?
From the back of the book:
Despite the most difficult situations that can restrain our physical movement, each person has deep inside a place of freedom that no external power can take away, because God himself is its source. A person wins inner freedom to the extent that he connects to its source—God himself—by practicing the virtues of faith, hope, and charity. These theological virtues are the center of the spiritual life. As the basis for interior growth, they become the source of the glorious freedom of the children of God.
Written in a simple and inviting style, this book seeks to liberate the heart and mind to enable it to live the true freedom to which God calls each one.
- Purchase or download the book (see below)
- Read with us!
- Engage with us in the comment boxes on the weekly posts (it is best if you have a photo in your DISQUS profile so that the group can better connect with you as you engage. To update or create your profile go to www.DISQUS.com)
- Please be sure to follow the combox guidelines which can be found here.
What Is The Reading Schedule?
Week 1 (Feb. 25) – p. 9-35 (ChI – Read to end of Desire for Change)
Week 2 (Mar. 4) – p. 35-60 (Ch. I – Read to end of #3: Accepting Suffering)
Week 3 (Mar. 11) – p. 60-87 (Ch. II – Read to End of #4: Let the Day’s Own Trouble be Sufficient for the Day)
Week 4 (Mar. 18) – p. 87-112 (Ch. IV – Read to the end of #1: Law and Grace)
Week 5 (Mar. 25) – p. 112-End of Book
What Will We Be Reading Next?
The Sinners Guide by Venerable Louis of Granada
What is the Upcoming Schedule?
The long term schedule is tentative and subject to change, but the following is a list of books we plan to cover over the next several months:
The King of the Golden City by Mother Mary of Loyola
- The Way of Perfection by St. Teresa of Avila
The Four Cardinal Virtues by Josef Pieper
Books We’ve Read in the Past
Spiritual Combat by Lorzeno Scupoli
Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence by Fr. Jean Baptiste Saint-Jure
Journal of a Soul: The Autobiography of Pope John XXIII
Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis
Navigating the Interior Life by Dan Burke
33 Days to Morning Glory by Fr. Michael Gaitley
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
The Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur
An Introduction to the Devout Life by Saint Francis de Sales
Read more: Previous Book Club Posts
Who Should I Talk to If I Have Questions About the Readers or Discussions?
Please contact Vicki at email@example.com