If you were stuck on a desert island alone but somehow could have just a few books dropped into the sand pit next to your tent, which ones would they be? Which books has God most used to turn your heart towards Him?
Here’s my list:
- Scripture/Catechism (yes, I cheated but just a little)
- Interior Castles – St. Teresa of Avila/All St. Teresa’s Writings
- Abandonment to Divine Providence – Father Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- The Fire Within – Father Thomas Dubay
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace – Father Jacques Phillippe
Tell us your first name, location (e.g. Betty from Sydney, Australia), and then your top three to five books that you have read or regularly re-read for spiritual sustenance.
IMPORTANT FRUSTRATION AVOIDANCE NOTICE: I have not done this for a long time but I know that there will be folks who break the rules (much worse than I did) and give a list of thirty books (these are usually the same folks who don’t read the posts but still strongly disagree with whatever they say). This really defeats the purpose and your post won’t make it through moderation which will only require you to go back to your books to find some peace after all that work goes to waste.