Lectio Divina and the Practice of Teresian Prayer – Book Recommendation
I don’t ever recall reading a book, looking at the price tag, and then thinking to myself that I would have been happy if I had paid double the price. This book is one of a kind in that sense. With respect to the content, if you are extremely busy but have a strong desire to deepen your prayer life, this simple 26 page booklet is the best single investment you could make. So, setting aside the title, who would benefit from this book? Those seeking to:
- Find a simple guide to meditation and prayer
- Deepen or improve their meditation and prayer
- Understand what Lectio Divina is how to practice it
- Understand basic meditation and meditation methods
- Read meditation material that is solidly within the magisterial boundaries of the Church
- Understand how Carmelite (St. Teresa in particular) and other Monastic prayer traditions complement one another
Purchase this book now to support our efforts to bring authentic Catholic spirituality to the web.
Yours in Christ, Dan
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!